Allergy Relief Question: Do any of the H1 antagonists (i.e. Seldane vs Claritin) have a significant advantage (increased efficacy or decreased toxicity) over the others in the treatment of allergic rhinitis?

0

0

Although the different companies attempt to persuade you of the value of their particular product, I haven’t been impressed with any clinical difference. This includes self-use since I am a fellow sufferer. There are potential different drug interactions – Claritin is not contraindicated with erythomycin for example, but but this appears to be about the only major difference from my perspective. Nasal Spray Question: I saw an ad on TV for an allergy medication (nasal spray) that is used prior to symptoms, i.e. before going outside for the day where pollen might be a problem. It stated this product could be used throughout the allergy season and was non-addictive. I cannot remember the name of the drug nor if a prescription is required. Any idea what this new drug is? Answer: Probably cromlyn sulfate nasal spray called nasalcrom. This is a drug that stabilizes the membranes to prevent histamine release. It is minimally effective once an attack occurs; but, very effective as a preventive