Are British Blue Shorthair cats hard to find?
I HIGHLY doubt you’re going to find one at a shelter if that’s what you mean. With over 97% of cats on this planet NO breed and over 99.99% of shelters cats no breed the only place you’ll find a British Shorthair is from a BREEDER. I’ve volunteered with shelters for over 20 years and haven’t seen a single Brit some in. Expect to pay at least $600 for a pet quality kitten. You can possibly find a retired breeder but those will still be at least $300-$400. Blue isn’t hard to find at all in British Shorthairs since it’s the colour they’re most commonly bred. In four years of showing cats about 75% of the cats have been blue and the other 25% Blue and White or Blue Tortie. I find it very strange that you say these are the “only cats I like” and yet you don’t even know how to find one? If you know someone that has one ask them which breeder they got it from. Or do you “like” them simply from photos you’ve seen on the internet? If so – that’s pretty damn shallow – and the wrong way to go abo