Are compact fluorescent bulbs bad or good?

0
Posted

Are compact fluorescent bulbs bad or good?

0

I’ve never heard of them being dangerous. While not children, I use compact fluorescent bulbs (or used to before upgrading to something more effective solely for output, not safety) for my saltwater aquariums and have for years. If I thought there was a chance they were significantly unhealthy I would never entrust them near thousands of dollars of livestock.

0

ok compact fluorescent bulbs are good they save energy cutting the cost and last longer the problem with Mercury is they should be recycled mercury is bad if it somehow gets on you or if you just throw it away (it goes into the landfill and dose damage)

0

CFLs are great. They save tons of energy costs and are usually JUST as bright if not equally as bright as regular bulbs. The only thing is that they DO contain mercury which can be harmful. However, the mercury would have to be ingested immediately after being broken and even then, it may not be enough concentrated mercury to cause harm. However, it does require special considerations when disposing of them. Basically. They are good! They have a longer life and can save you a boat load of money in cash through saved energy and saved money on replacing the bulbs less often.

0

all fluorescent bulbs have mercury, the 4 foot ones have more mercury than a compact, you will just have to dispose of them at a recycling center

Related Questions