Are silver fillings toxic?

fillings Silver toxic
0
Posted

Are silver fillings toxic?

0

It is well-known to science that mercury is dangerous. It’s dangerous to touch. It’s even more dangerous to ingest. Mercury is the most toxic non-radioactive metal known to man and many people have it in their mouths. Is this safe? The silver fillings that most of us have in our teeth are composed of 50% mercury, 35% silver, 15% tin and other metals. In spite of having long been a subject of debate over patient safety, the silver amalgam fillings are still widely used by dental professionals in most areas of the world. While there have been no conclusive studies relating the mercury in amalgam fillings to any dangers, mercury by itself is very toxic. Since it is known that a miniscule amount of mercury vapor is released from amalgam when the restorations are placed or removed, and through chewing and tooth grinding; many opponents of amalgam have blamed the substance for a variety of general health problems (i.e., nerve damage, autism, allergies, Parkinson’s Disease, ADHD, Alzheimer’s,