ARE TANNING PILLS SAFE?

pills safe tanning
0

ARE TANNING PILLS SAFE?

0
Anny Key

Please tell me how to tan faster? I know that there are a lot of cosmetics for tanning, but I would like a natural tan and that it does not take a lot of time and money. Some lotions are very expensive. Where better to sunbathe on the beach or in the Solarium?

0

A. The active substance in tanning pills is called canthaxin. Canthaxin is typically used as a food additive for color. However, the Food and Drug Administration has not approved its use for tanning purposes. Tanning pills work by “dyeing” the skin an orangish color, thus giving the appearance of a tan. In fact, the tanning process has not taken place. Therefore, the color achieved by ingestion of tanning pills does not provide a natural photoprotection in the skin as does exposure to UV light. While a person appears to be darkly pigmented, a severe burn can develop should one be exposed to UV light. Furthermore, the long term effects of Canthaxin ingestion have yet to be determined.

0

There are two types of tanning pills. The first contains a dye or coloring agents that stain your skin. This type of tanning pill may contain Canthaxin, an illegal substance that has been banned from sale in the United States by the FDA. Concerns have been raised regarding the safety of these types of pills and their long-term effects on the liver. The tanning pills we offer contain only natural ingredients purchased from U.S. sources. Our tanning tablets are manufactured in the United States following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in an FDA compliant manufacturing facility. Each product shipment is accompanied by a certificate of analysis as to the quality and purity of the ingredients. There are no interactions with any drugs or medications.