Can a creditor garnish Judgement in bank account in another state?


Yes they can go after your bank account. The creditor simply has to file a form with the court in the state where the bank is located, requesting a “foreign judgment” be enforced. The vast majority of states will honor another states judgment and allow for collection. But they must follow collection laws for your state. Example, Texas does not allow garnishment, so you can’t take a Michgan judgment (which does allow garnishment) and expect to garnish in Texas.

Related Questions