0
Q:

Can a parent disinherit a child?

0
Generally Yes. To do so, it is necessary to specifically say in the Will that the omission is intentional. Often Wills have language along these lines: "I have previously taken care of my daughter Susan during my lifetime, and have chosen to leave nothing to her in this Will. Similarly, I am leaving nothing to my son John, for reasons known to both of us." If a child is a minor, the states do provide an allowance to support the child until they reach the age of majority, typically age 18. more
usa-probate.com

0
Generally Yes. To do so, it is necessary to specifically say in the Will that the omission is intentional. Often Wills have language along these lines: “I have previously taken care of my daughter Susan during my lifetime, and have chosen to leave nothing to her in this Will. Similarly, I am leaving nothing to my son John, for reasons known to both of us.” If a child is a minor, the states do provide an allowance to support the child until they reach the age of majority, typically age 18. more
ajaestate.com

...