Can i take prenatal pills with milk?

0

Can i take prenatal pills with milk?

0

I took my prenatal with milk. I normally always drank milk. If you are getting too much of something ask your doctor about getting a prenatal without that substance. I got too much iron, so i took a prenatal that had no iron.

0

Calcium can prevent the absorbtion of SOME of the iron, not all of the iron. Go ahead and take it with milk. You have really nothing to fear b/c during your prenatal visits they do check if you are anemic. However the possibility of that occuring just b/c some of the absorbtion of iron was prevented is very very slim. You also will get enough iron in your food if you are eating a proper diet. Usually they recommend for anemics to avoid milk + iron b/c they need every mg of iron they are prescribed, this is really not your case. A few mg +/- will not harm you significantly unless you currently have pregnancy related anemia.