Can I use maternity leave or paid sick leave to attend pre-birth medical appointments?

0

0

The Industrial Relations Act does not entitle you to use paid sick leave for pre-natal medical appointments when you are not sick. Some workplaces have policies which allow the use of sick leave for ordinary pre-natal check ups and similar arrangements may be provided for in some workplace agreements and employment contracts. Other employers may require you to negotiate other arrangements.

0

The Industrial Relations Act 1996 does not entitle you to use paid sick leave for pre-natal medical appointments when you are not sick. Some workplaces have policies which allow the use of sick leave for ordinary pre-natal check ups and similar arrangements may be provided for in some workplace agreements and employment contracts. Other employers may require you to negotiate other arrangements.