Can I use the VAS to create text with non-roman alphabets, such as Chinese?

0

0

Yes. The default character set for text objects in the VAS is the Native Language you have selected for your project. The default Native Language of a project is English. To make a text object display in Chinese or other languages, you can set the “char_set” attribute of the object to ChineseBig5(Traditional) or GB2312(Simplified). Alternately, you can set the “font_name” attribute of the object to a Chinese Font. This principle applies to all text-based objects, including Labels, Text Buttons, Menus, Icons, Hypertext, Text outlines (vector text), 3D Text extrusions, etc. If your entire project will be displayed in a non-English language, then it’s best to select that language as the Native Language of your project. Then, each text-based control will choose a Font from that language as its default font.