Can politicians influence the IRS?

Add your answer...

1 Answer

Many politicians intercede on behalf of their taxpayer constituents, particularly when they believe their constituents have been unfairly treated by the IRS. Contact your congressman only after you have tried and failed to get satisfaction through normal IRS channels. Your congressman will need your complete file, a letter stating your grievance and how you tried to resolve it, and the results you want. Your congressman will also need a signed Power of Attorney (Form 2848) or Tax Information Authorization and Declaration of Representative (Form 2848D), both available at your local IRS office.
This link is broken. Help us!
Thanks for your feedback!

Related Videos

Not the answer you're looking for? Try asking your own question.