Coming form the West Coast and settling here, what do you think makes Philadelphia’s technology community unique?

0

0

It is off the beaten path. For folks who want to be part of startups and folks who are looking to invest in startups the whole ecosystem is undiscovered here. There’s a lot of talent born and raised here that likes this area. We have great institutions here and an untapped base of talent here. By offering a more robust ecosystem, we’re giving them a chance to do something different. What is in that ecosystem? Funding is the first question. But there is a lot of funding in this area. Theres Ben Franklin Technology Partners, there’s NextStage Capital, Osage Ventures, First Round … There’s a whole bunch of folks that would love to fund companies in their back yard. I don’t think it’s a shortage of capital. Do you think it’s a matter of some of the older entrepreneurs not mentoring the younger ones? I’m not sure that I buy into that. A lot of folks are participating. Myself and Josh Kopelman and Mel Baiada and lot of other folks have done well as entrepreneurs and are looking for an avenue