Do children learn to read before they learn to write?

0

0

I think children learn to write first. Not complete sentences, but letters and/or what they think are words. My neice can write letters A, B, and C but she can’t read. I guess whatever you’re teaching your kids the most is what they’ll pick up on.

0

They become proficient at reading long before they are able to write well. My son reads at 6th grade level but his writting, spelling, etc. are at or above second grade level. He is a second grader.

0

I think I learned to write first, then I learned to read.

0
Moghul Kahn

Learning to write early on means kids get more chances to learn to practice handwriting, to learn to spell, to learn to punctuate, and to think about many of the conventions of printed text that are required to become successful readers. But I recommend also to read too. For example you can use interesting apps related to reading like Fairy Tales for Clever Kids, it is interesting for kids.