0
Q:

Do married men ever really leave their wives for the other woman?

Answers

0
Not only did my husband of 10 years leave me for the other woman, but the other woman is his ex-wife who he was married to for only 6 months 20 years ago. He left me and moved in with her and her 8-yr-old kid and now they have a "relationship" according to his online profile. It all happened very quickly too - it was only 6 weeks from the start of the affair to the time he left. Never saw it coming. In the 15 years we've been together, he never even looked at another woman. We had sex often and still said "I love you" to each other until the affair started. Then it was suddenly "I don't love you anymore and I want a divorce." Will they be happy? Maybe initially - they're pretending the divorce and intervening 20 years (not to mention his relationship and marriage with me) never happened. But there's a reason their marriage didn't work out the first time, so I doubt this will last long. Either way, we're done. more
answerbag.com

0
Yes, men sure do leave their wives for their girlfriend. It happens every day. It's up to them to make it work and they both must work at it. There will always be a trust issue I'm sure. But it does work. I have friends that left their spouses for another and have been totally happy ever since. I also know a woman in her 80's that kicked her boyfriend out after many years because she found someone else. They are together and very happy. Some times marriages just don't work. Life is too short to be unhappy. If you're unhappy and have given it all you got, find yourself another partner that likes to do the same things you do and enjoy your life. There are many many happy endings. more
answerbag.com
0
If you can say truly I Love You to someone other than your partner, your marriage is over. With a real I Love You, plans made together, and time shared... to be sure the other woman is no longer "the other woman" the wife is. I have been on both sides and the worst thing two people can do is stay together. This idea that "Saving Your Marriage" is some holy calling is wrong. You will always love on some level this person you call a spouse/partner but this whole agenda of rebuilding is wrong. I spent many years with my husband after he had a full on I Love You Affair. The worst thing was the time lost in the futile effort of "putting our marriage back together" and the fact that he lost her. Looking back she was the bigger love of his life, I was a good friend. Wake up people the rebuild myth is so counselors can make money and sell books. It is snake oil. Now I am not talking about short term and or casual flings I am talking about the years you spend with someone else not your ... more
answerbag.com
0
It is crazy how you become what hurt you. My husband cheated and now I am the other woman. Maybe it is a weird sub-conscious way of getting even with the universe, I don't know. Being on the other side though I realize that men cheat for a reason. Both the man and the woman are to blame no matter who is being cheated on. Men cheat because they are not getting something that they want most of the time and either have not tried to work it out with their wives or they have and their wives just have paid no mind to their please. As a wife I was to smothering. I wanted to be his everything instead of having the self worth to be my own person and let him come to me when he needed me. The man that I am seeing, his wife is the complete opposite, she doesn't give a damn about his needs. I have a busy life and so does he so we fill in the blanks from time to time while our own children are the center of our own lives. I give him the conversation his wife never gives him; I listen. And he gives ... more
answerbag.com
0
Yes, but not often. Men generally place more importance on their standing and other peoples' "respect" of them than they do in having true love in their life. Also, they are often over achievers, wanting to at least to be "perceived" as being at the TOP in the workplace, at home, as fathers and as husbands. Being discovered as a "cheater" risks all that so-called respect. True love IS possible with the "other" woman, and therefore, if the relationship is based on honesty and trust (at least within itself), it is not necessarily "doomed" simply because it started off in a compromising manner. They just have to be sure they are together for the "right" reasons, and truly enjoy being with one another because of who each other is, not just for sex. And cheating on the marriage does not necessarily mean a man will cheat again. We all have made mistakes, many of which, because we learned from them, we never repeated them again. Relationships are not cut and dry...they are usually more ... more
answerbag.com
0
married men leave their wives all the time for other women but it's less than a 5% chance that the relationship will last. more
answerbag.com
0
I don't think they do very often, but a friend of mine has ben married to the 'other woman' for 27 years now and is on friendly terms with his ex-wife - he does all her home maintenance work. more
answerbag.com

...