Does HCV (Section 8) pay for utility services?

Add your answer...

1 Answer

No. The lease states the utilities that are to be the responsibility of the landlord and/or tenant. The HCV (Section 8) office requires the tenant to provide proof of service before the lease can be signed. The landlord is encouraged to require proof of service prior to allowing the tenant to move into the unit. If the owner allows the tenant to move into the unit and the tenant cannot obtain service in their name, no rental assistance will be paid on behalf of the tenant. more
Thanks for your feedback!

Related Videos

Not the answer you're looking for? Try asking your own question.