0
Q:

Does my child need to take the Alabama High School Graduation Exam, the GED, the PSAT, SAT or ACT? Can my child take AP or CLEP exams?

0
As mentioned above, the Alabama High School Exit Exam and the GED are not required by homeschoolers. Indeed, the GED can actually carry a stigma of a drop-out, since it implies that the student did not finish high school, which significantly lessens the value of an otherwise excellent academic record. As a result, Outlook Academy and Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) do not recommend that homeschoolers take the GED. The PSAT/NMSQT is not required by homeschoolers, so it is optional. If a homeschooled student wants to take it, he should contact a principal or counselor at a local public or independent private high school to make arrangements to take the PSAT/NMSQT at their school. Be sure to do so well before the mid-October test dates, preferably during the previous June. For more information, go to CollegeBoard.com at http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/psat/reg/homeschool.html. Because colleges do require the SAT (formerly Scholastic Aptitude Test) or ACT ( ... more
outlookacademy.com

Related Experts

1. Jamie Lawleer
Act expert
3
...