Does NANDA-I provide a list of nursing diagnoses that go along with the most common medical diagnoses?

0

0

There are several books that use this format. However, we believe the individual nursing assessment is critical to the accurate nursing diagnosis for a patient. It can be helpful to consider nursing diagnoses that tend to cluster with a particular medical diagnosis. However, if nurses only use a “list” of nursing diagnoses with a particular medical diagnosis, they are missing the uniqueness of the patient for whom they are providing care – that is the risk of this approach. A nursing diagnosis must always be related to each individual patient’s nursing assessment, or we risk misdiagnosis and inappropriate interventions. Remember that patient safety demands accurate nursing diagnosis!

Loading