Does the candle label list ingredients?

0

Does the candle label list ingredients?

0
Benjamin

I now use candles Apsley and –°ompany brand they are from Australia and on their labels have always listed all ingredients. I think every good brand does it to show the natural composition of the candle and its safety

0

Because massage candles are intended for use on the body, they fall under FDA jurisdiction. All massage candle ingredients must be listed in order of prominence on the product label to comply with FDA regulations. If ingredients are not presented, the maker is not meeting FDA rquirements. Does the label list net weight and manufacturer contact information? As an FDA regulated product, the net weight must be included on packaging. The phone number and/or address of the manufacturer or private-labeled reseller must also be present. Is the fragrance skin-safe? Not all fragrance oils are. Some traditional candle makers are now starting to make massage candles. If those candle-makers are not familiar with the specifics of making skin-safe bath and body products, they may be using fragrances that were never intended for body use. If you are buying from an independent candle-maker, be sure to ask about the fragrance oils they use in their massage candles. Fragrance that is not skin-safe can c