How can I apply the look of counted cross stitch to garments and fabrics other than evenweave?

0

0

Waste canvas is an evenweave mesh fabric that is basted over the area to be cross stitched. It is available in 8.5, 10 and 14 count, the most popular being 14. When stitching is complete the waste canvas threads are removed, leaving only your cross-stitched design.

0
Anonymous

Waste Canvas is used to provide a grid to cross stitch on to non-evenweave fabrics, for example, T-shirts, caps, etc. Lightly tack the waste canvas to your non-evenweave fabric and then cross stitch the design using a sharp needle. After completing the cross stitch, the strands of the waste canvas can be pulled out to leave the completed cross stitch design on your non-evenweave fabric. Waste Canvas comes in a variety of counts and sizes. You can also buy soluble canvas which disolves when you wash the item. ..http://www.sewingcafe.co.uk/crossstitchglossary