How can I get an extension of time to file my Montana income tax return?

0

0

1a) Individual Income Tax You can be granted an extension of time for filing your Montana income tax return if you meet BOTH of the following requirements: • By April 15, 2008, you have applied to the Internal Revenue Service by filing federal Form 4868 for an automatic six-month extension to file your federal income tax return. • You have paid 90% of your 2007 Montana income tax liability or 100% of your 2006 Montana income tax liability through your estimated tax payments, your withholding tax, or a combination of both your estimated and withholding tax payments. Even though you have applied for an automatic six-month federal extension, this does not guarantee that you have a Montana extension unless you have met one of the requirements listed in number 2 above on or before April 15, 2008. You should examine and use the Montana EXT-07, which is the “Extension Payment Calculator” worksheet, in order to determine whether you have a Montana extension payment requirement.

0

1a) Individual Income Tax You can be granted an extension of time for filing your Montana income tax return if you meet BOTH of the following requirements: • By April 15, 2009, you have applied to the Internal Revenue Service by filing federal Form 4868 for an automatic six-month extension to file your federal income tax return. • You have paid 90% of your current year Montana income tax liability or 100% of your prior year Montana income tax liability through your estimated tax payments, your withholding tax, or a combination of both your estimated and withholding tax payments. Even though you have applied for an automatic six-month federal extension, this does not guarantee that you have a Montana extension unless you have met one of the requirements listed in number 2 above on or before April 15, 2009. You should examine and use the Montana EXT-08, which is the “Extension Payment Calculator” worksheet, in order to determine whether you have a Montana extension payment requirement.

0

You can be granted an extension of time for filing your Montana income tax return if you meet BOTH of the following requirements: 1. By April 16, 2007, you have applied to the Internal Revenue Service by filing federal Form 4868 for an automatic six-month extension to file your federal income tax return. 2. You have paid 90% of your 2006 Montana income tax liability or 100% of your 2005 Montana income tax liability through your estimated tax payments, your withholding tax, or a combination of both your estimated and withholding tax payments. Even though you have applied for an automatic six-month federal extension, this does not guarantee that you have Montana extension unless you have met one of the requirements listed in number 2 above on or before April 16, 2007. You should examine and use the Montana EXT-06, which is the “Extension Payment Calculator” worksheet, in order to determine whether you have a Montana extension payment requirement. If you are required to make an extension