How can my partner go through spells where they seem perfectly normal and loving, while at other times they are completely irrational?

0

0

As one husband put it, “I have been dealing with my wife’s SZ for 10 of our 20 years of marriage, and the one thing that I can tell you is this disease is so unpredictable. Just when you think things are stablizing a relapse occurs, or just when you think things can’t get any worse they can suddenly take a turn for the better.” Although living with schizophrenia is a life of trial-and-error and unpredictability, there are certain things you can do to help your partner effectively manage their illness, and make day-to-day living a calmer experience for both of you. It’s always a good idea to have a “get better” and “get worse” plan in case your partner’s illness takes a turn one way or the other – know your resources, who you can call on for help, and what you will do in each case. Getting a treatment plan and sticking to it is a vital part of symptom control – medication is the best tool we have right now to deal with schizophrenia symptoms. Working and communicating with your partner’