How do Bulgarian men traditionally treat their woman?

0

0
Anonymous

My experience of bulgarian men – is that they tend to lack respect for european women – perhaps reflecting the "head of the family" mentality. This is sad because they have much to offer – but culturally they are quite different from the western european male – sensitivity being low on their list of attributes.  There is a cultural divide – I would accordingly advise any western european female to enter tentatively into a relationship and keep their expectations low. 

0

80: Woman and man have equal rights in Bulgaria (by low and as a fact). The contemporary Bulgarian families are no different from standard European family – both of spouses are working, taking care about housekeeping, etc. Unfortunately there are still families (mainly low educated and/or from small and pure villages) where the man is “head of the family” (he earns the money) and he has the rights to treat his wife as he like.