0
Q:

How do Bulgarian men traditionally treat their woman?

Answers

0
80: Woman and man have equal rights in Bulgaria (by low and as a fact). The contemporary Bulgarian families are no different from standard European family - both of spouses are working, taking care about housekeeping, etc. Unfortunately there are still families (mainly low educated and/or from small and pure villages) where the man is "head of the family" (he earns the money) and he has the rights to treat his wife as he like. more
visittobulgaria.com
1 more source
Hide

0

My experience of bulgarian men - is that they tend to lack respect for european women - perhaps reflecting the "head of the family" mentality. This is sad because they have much to offer - but culturally they are quite different from the western european male - sensitivity being low on their list of attributes.  There is a cultural divide - I would accordingly advise any western european female to enter tentatively into a relationship and keep their expectations low. 

Carol Prendergast · answered over a year ago

...