How do I cook the perfect Beef roast ?
Follow these tips to make the Perfect Beef Roast
1. Get the right meat:
· The best joints for roast beef are a Rib of Beef, a Sirloin or a Fillet.
· Small slivers of fat marbling the flesh adds flavor and prevents drying out during cooking.
· A thick covering of fat is essential for both flavor and for preventing the joint from drying out during cooking. Remove this layer before serving to reduce excess fat.
2. The beef should be at room temperature at the start of the cooking process.
3. Season with salt and desired spices. Try dried or crushed garlic, onion powder, oregano, Cajun seasoning, thyme, rosemary, chili powder, or any other spices you like.
4. Seasoning with sugar helps to caramelize the meat and to give it a wonderful golden brown color.
5. The best way to cook roast beef is to have it sitting directly on the oven rack, with a tray underneath to catch the drippings.
6. Stand the beef joint in a roasting tin then cook in a very hot oven 425F for the first 30 mins then lower the temperature to 375F for the remaining cooking time: Rare – 11 mins per lb/450g, Medium – 14 mins per lb/450g, Well done – 16 mins per lb/450g
7. The meat has to be rested after cooking for at least half an hour and sliced really thinly for you to enjoy the tenderness.
season the joint of beef heat up your oven to its maximum temp get your roasting pan and put in thickly sliced onions leeks and ccelery and some chopped carrots now put the beef on top of them when the oven is hot put the roasting pan in to the oven cook for 20 minutes and then reduce the temp of the oven to gas mark 6 cook the beef for 15 minutes a pound for rare 20 minutes a pound for medium rare 25 minutes a pound for medium and 30 minutes a pound for well done remember to add 15 20 25 or 30 minutes a pound depending on how you like your beef cooked now remove the joint from the oven and place on a large enough platter to let it rest for about thirty minutes before carving now you have in the roastin pan the veg to make your gravy add flour to it place on to the stove top mix well with a wooden spoon and add the water from the veg you have cooked to accompany the beef stir as you add this to the roasting pan so as the gravy does not go lumpy you may if you wish add a stock cube and