How do I find a remodeler or contractor who knows how to make modifications to improve the accessibility of my home?

0

0

The Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS) program trains remodelers and others interested in working with older adults. To obtain a CAPS-certification, the participant must attend a three-day training that includes modules on working with older adults, making home modifications, and business skills and ethics. They must pass a test at the end of each day, and must keep their certification current by taking additional classes. A list of CAPS-certified remodelers is available online from NAHB at www.nahb.org/directory.aspx?sectionID=686&directoryID=188. If there are no CAPS-certified remodelers in your community, contact your local Home Builder Association (HBA) for recommendations of members who may perform the kind of work that you need.