How Do I Find Someone’s Military Service Record (DD-214)?

Add your answer...

1 Answer

See the Congressional Research Service (CRS) publication "Military Service Records and Unit Histories: a guide to locating sources.(2006)"Military Service Records are available from NARA, National Archives and Records Administration via Standard Form 180. If you are a veteran or next-of-kin of a deceased former member of the military, you may now use eVetRecs to request copies of military records online, including DD FORM 214, Report of Separation. Please note that you will have to sign and mail, or fax, the form that is generated by an eVetRecs request within 20 days to complete the process. If you are doing genealogical research in military service records, please see NARA's guide Research in Military Records.National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)Standard Form 180eVetRecsResearch in Military RecordsIn gathering the necessary information to order records, you may find these other web sites helpful:Casualty ListsWWIIWWII Honor List of Dead and Missing Army and Army Air ... more
Thanks for your feedback!

Related Videos

Not the answer you're looking for? Try asking your own question.