How do I remove a custodian from the account of a minor who has reached the age of majority?

Write a comment...


The custodian or former minor must complete the Letter of Instruction for Transfer Request assigning the shares to the former minor. A Medallion Signature Guarantee is not required as long as the shares are being registered only to the minor. A certified copy of the minor's birth certificate must be submitted with the Letter of Instruction for Transfer Request, together with the relevant stock certificates. [return to top] At what age can a minor become the only name on the registration? The "age of majority," which controls the age at which an individual may hold securities in his/her own name, varies among the states. Please contact your state for this information. more
Write a comment...
Thanks for your feedback!

Related Videos

Add your answer...

Not the answer you're looking for? Try asking your own question.