How do I set up Winboard engines to handle tournaments with 2 time controls in Winboard? E.g. 40 moves in 120 minutes followed by 30 minutes for the rest of the moves?

0

0

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to handle this automatically. The level command in Winboard only accepts 40 5 followed by 40 5 or single Fischer time controls.However,there is no way to tag on secondary time controls. Winboard also supports time per move and depth per move by ST and Sd respectively. Unlike UCI though it does not support restricting chess engines by nodes per move (by Sn), although some engines like Crafty happen to support this feature . Some GUI may try to “trick” chess engines to accept secondary time controls by saving the position,resetting the chess engine and forcing it to move with a new time control or by setting the clock using the time command. This sometimes works, but often it messes up the time allocation of the chess engines. The correct way to do it is to modify the level command (the so called extended level command).