How Do You Clean Oriental Rugs With Borax & Vinegar?

0

0
Mark Towers

Thank you for those recommendations! Honestly, I am not sure I can do it by myself. I am always worried about cleaning my antique rugs from this website. It seems to me I can destroy the colors. I have read that if the colors are natural they can be damaged by chemicals. So, I usually ask professionals to help me.

0

Borax is a compound used in many detergents and is safe for the environment because of a lack of chemical cleaners. Vinegar is also a great, multifaceted solution that can be used for cleaning and removing odors while staying green because of a lack of chemical cleaners. Using the two in conjunction creates a powerful stain- and odor-removing carpet cleaner safe to use on your oriental rug, among other furniture in your home. In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup salt, 1/4 cup borax and 1/4 cup undiluted white vinegar. Mix together to form a paste. Borax and vinegar both help to remove stains and neutralize odors. The vinegar also helps to retain the colors of the carpet through the cleaning process. Apply the paste to the stain. Use a cleaning brush to rub the paste into the rug fibers. Allow the solution to dry. Wait at least 30 minutes. Use a vacuum to remove the remaining paste. Repeat as necessary to remove tough stains.