How Do You Groom A Pet Lizard?

0
Posted Alison Hardy edited answer

How Do You Groom A Pet Lizard?

0
Alison Hardy Alison Hardy edited answer

What supplements and other stuff do you need for them? I have been looking for something at Pet Express, and there is a lot of helpful and interesting things. But maybe you can help me choose some essentials? Thank you in advance!

0

Lizards may seem like low-maintenance pets that need little care beyond feeding and tank-cleaning. However, adding grooming to your list of lizard care creates a happier and healthier lizard. There are two grooming needs your pet lizard has: claw trimming and bathing. Read on to learn how to groom a pet lizard. Provide substantial rocks for your lizard to climb on. Rocks help wear down your lizard’s claws and are the way wild lizards’ claws stay neatly trimmed. A lizard with rocks to walk on may still need claw-trimming, but not as much as she would without the rocks. Get human nail clippers for small pet lizards and guillotine-style pet nail clippers for larger lizards. If you use human nail clippers, use them only for your lizard to avoid spreading infections. Find a friend to help you trim the claws. It’s a difficult thing to do alone without stressing your lizard. Also gather all the supplies you need: clippers, cotton swabs and styptic powder. Wrap your pet lizard in a towel to he