How Do You Identify An Alcohol Allergy?

0
Posted

How Do You Identify An Alcohol Allergy?

0

Having an alcohol allergy is possible but not typical. Usually a reaction to alcohol is caused by ingredients in the drink, like sulfites, malt and other additives, like yeast. According to the Mayo Clinic, allergies happen when your immune system identifies something you consume as dangerous, then your body works to get rid of it. Your body already produces certain alcohols and that’s just one reason alcohol allergies are rare. Sulfites, chemicals found in wine and some beers, are known to trigger asthmatic reactions in people. Nausea, rashes, swelling, diarrhea and vomiting, are other signs you are allergic to something in your drink. More common than an alcohol allergy, is an alcohol intolerance, which means you are ultra-sensitive to the effects alcohol has on your body, and would experience dehydration, nausea or headaches. If you are allergic to alcohol itself, you can experience many of these same symptoms, and should seek immediate medical attention. If after having a drink, yo

Related Questions