How Do You Make A Lasting First Impression?

0
Posted Alison Hardy edited answer

0
Alison Hardy Alison Hardy edited answer

Very helpful and important thread here, thank you! I am going to try some speed dating events which I found on https://www.speeddater.co.uk/cities/london and I think your tips here will be very helpful to me. Thank you a lot for it!

0

It has been said that most people size up others in the first 60 seconds. That’s a sobering thought but an encouraging one as well. Anyone can keep his best foot forward for a minute. Here are some ways to ensure that your first impression will be positive and lasting. Check your appearance first. The first thing people see is generally what they remember the longest. Look at yourself in a full length mirror. Do your clothes, belt, shoes, purse fit and match? Is your hair clean and neat? Now, all that said, the most important thing about appearances after looking good is looking appropriate. Does your appearance fit the situation, the season and the time of day? Business clothes for the office, wow lipstick at night, jogging clothes at the gym, and so on. Stand up straight. Don’t walk stiffly but stand with good posture and hold your head up. Looking at the floor portrays low self esteem. Walk as if you belong there, whether it’s in that new job or that new woman’s good graces. Confide