How does my son/daughter get an Advanced Placement course added to their college transcript?

0

0

Advanced Placement Courses, or “AP Courses,” require that the high school student take the Advanced Placement Test given by the College Placement Service. These tests are administered throughout the year; however, most high school students elect to take them in May after the completion of their AP courses. Students taking an AP test need to check the UConn Catalog for the minimum score the University will accept for the course. When the student receives the score, he/she needs to contact the Admissions office and have a university staff member evaluate it by the end of the first semester. AP scores are usually received four to five weeks after the exam is taken. If the student already preregistered for classes at summer Orientation, he/she can go through the Add/Drop process in August to pick up or drop a course.