How early in the writing process did you begin putting together a marketing plan for Pressed Pennies?

0

0

Before the book was even done (which is two years before it was published). As you’re writing, you need to be thinking about who the book talks to — and start to compile contact lists (i.e., PRESSED PENNIES addresses issues such as single parenthood; growing up in the 80’s, etc. These become the first doors that my publisher and I knock on). At which point before the book came out did you begin implementing your plan? What was your first line of business? Once I had a signed contract and received a ‘tentative’ release date, I began to solicit pre-publication book reviews and create hype on the Internet. This is how a few snowflakes start to form a snowball — which will hopefully become an avalanche! What forms of marketing and publicity are you currently using and what will you be doing in the future? For now, we began with a grass-roots concept (book clubs, reading groups, avid readers who have displayed interest in similar books as PRESSED PENNIES). Once “local success” is enjoyed,