0
Q:

How is a debit card declined?

Answers

0
A debit card is declined due to: -an inactive card -lack of available funds, (this can be caused by a hold on the funds for some ungodly reason, funds yet to be released, a payment going through on the account simultaneously that causes a transaction error and the system sees no available funds for either transaction, other system related issues, or just not having money in the account) -an overflow or requests being sent to the server at the same time, -or some other miscommunication between the business's interac/debit application client and the bank's server. I am sure there are more reasons; yet, I don't know all the ins and outs of your bank's software. Take care, Agnes @ ReadyMaid.ca Environmentally friendly home and office cleaning for as little as $17/hr 416-465-5355 http://www.readymaid. more
answers.yahoo.com

0
You really ought to call your bank and ask why it was declined. It could have been declined for any number of reasons a side from not having the money in the account. The car company might have keyed some of the information in wrong (the card number, expiration date, or the security code). I see you mentioned you got a new card - have you activated the new card? There might be a problem if you haven't activated the new card, the system may be looking for your old expiration date. If this isn't something you normaly pay on your card, then the bank might have thought it was possibly fraudulent and declined the charge as possibly fraud. If that is the case, the bank should be able to make some sort of notation that it is a valid charge. Regardless of the reason for the charge being declined, the bank should be able to tell you why, and how to resolve the situation. more
answers.yahoo.com
0
depending on your plan, sometimes you cant use your debit card more than the alotted amount of swipes. even if you "know" you have money, you really should go to an atm or call your bank to confirm that amount you do have in there, because if you jsut recently deposited an amount (depending on the size) it could take up to days before the amount is processed into your account. this happened to my friend, but luckily he asked if the store (he was buying something) could call the bank to confirm, and they did. Maybe you can ask the lady if she could go ahead and call your bank (if your 100% sure you do have all the money needed) and ask them to override cuz stores/businesses should have a number they can call to authorize the transaction.. more
answers.yahoo.com
0
answers.yahoo.com
0
Call your bank and make sure you don't have any holds against your money. Since it's a debit card, you need to have that much money in the account. Also ask your car payment person what KIND of decline code they're getting. It's also possible your bank has limits on the size of the debit transaction or your card has been frozen due to possible fraud activity. more
answers.yahoo.com
0
If the information they have on your card is wrong such as the expiration date (btw, is it expired?), the credit card company, billing address, name on the card...etc. Most of the time, however, it is because there is not enough money in the account to cover the cost of what you're buying. more
answers.yahoo.com
0
If you have money in your account the following scenario is possible: Someone got a hold of your account number and made an unauthorized transaction, or even attempted to make an unauthorized transaction. (ie: suddenly across the United States at an obscure location like a gas station). The credit card company that your bank uses will be a HOLD on the card so that no other attempted transactions can be made. When you call the company you can find our the recent transaction history and confirm if all are yours or some do not appear to be yours. You need to answer security questions to have the hold removed from your debit card. I know recently there was a huge debit card scam, my husbands debit card received a hold on it because his information was compromised. In this instance we received a letter in the mail confirming this. In my experience whenever holds are put on my card, it's time to cancel that card number and simply request a new one. Better safe than sorry! more
answers.yahoo.com
0
Might not be enough funds on the card or if the information was entered wrong on the card. Also, where I work when we run cards we need the billing address the card information goes to or the card sometimes declines. Also, sometimes if there has been strange charges on the card your bank will flaig the card and not let anymore charges go through til they speak with the account holder. I'd call your bank ASAP. more
answers.yahoo.com
0
Most likely it was declined is because you recently deposited a payroll check. Those take a day to clear. I know this happens to me. My account will show the money there...but not available. It really sucks that our own banks do not fully trust their account holder's check deposits! more
answers.yahoo.com
0
The card may have a transaction limit and or a daily limit. Call the bank and ask. The car payment people shouldn't need your debit card. Give them the routing and account numbers from the bottom of your check and have them do an ACH direct debit. more
answers.yahoo.com

...