0
Q:

How long does winter last?

0
December 21(winter solstice) to March 22(spring equinox) in the Almanacs, otherwise, it depends on where you are. more
answers.yahoo.com

0
Technically, it is exactly 3 months, from dec 21 or so to March 21 or so, in the northern hemisphere. June 21 to Sept 21 in the Southern Hemisphere. Winter is defined as the time when the axis of the earth is pointed away from the sun. I have a degree in geology, this is correct. I would call it winter here in MN from about Dec 1 to April 1. So that's 4 months. But those are the months we usually have snow. I was out deer hunting one year on Nov 4 and it was 4 below and I couldn't move at all because i was hunting. That was damned cold! Even in Nov and April we are colder than most parts of the US. but we get used to it here. more
answers.yahoo.com
0
answers.yahoo.com
0
well since the nice weather only lasts about 4 months, I'd say it's an 8 month barn season. If the animals cant live outside and have to stay in the barn, It's winter in my book. more
answers.yahoo.com

...