How many calories should i be consuming each day(age weight and height are provided in details)?

0

0

It depends on what your goal is. Do you want to maintain, gain or lose weight? Your body burns a certain amount of calories each day whether you exercise or not. We each have what is called a Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). This rate gradually decreases with age. To the BMR you add the total calories used during the day due to all exercise and activity, which gives you your Active Metabolic Rate. I am 6′, 170 lbs and 52 years old. My basal metabolic rate is about 1700 calories burned per day. To that number I can add whatever calories I burn during the day due to activity and exercise. That will tell me approximately how many total calories I will burn up in a day. Once you know this number you can eat however many calories you choose in order to lose, gain or maintain your weight. You burn about 3500 more calories than you consume to lose a pound. I have a page posted at my website that explains this further. You can also input your own info to see your own numbers as far as calories used