0
Q:

How many cigarettes come from a tobacco plant?

Answers

0
"We receive tons of questions from first time growers about tobacco growing, but probably the most often received question is: How much tobacco will a single plant produce, and how much tobacco do I need to make a carton of cigarettes? Well, tobacco yield will vary among the different varieties, but generally a tobacco plant will produce about 3-4 ounces of dry, cured tobacco. When figuring your tobacco needs, we would advise you calculate 2 ounces per plant to have a little margin of error. While a commercial cigarette will normally contain about 7gr. of tobacco per cigarette, this is "puffed" tobacco and non-tobacco ingredients added. A pound of pure tobacco will normally produce about 2 cartons of cigarettes." http://www.seedman.com/Tobacco.htm This paragraph is found on the page about 1/4 of the way down the page under the heading "Tobacco Seeds". I roll my own cigarettes and I use about a gram of tobacco in every ciga more
answers.yahoo.com

0

"We receive tons of questions from first time growers about tobacco growing, but probably the most often received question is: How much tobacco will a single plant produce, and how much tobacco do I need to make a carton of cigarettes?
Well, tobacco yield will vary among the different varieties, but generally a tobacco plant will produce about 3-4 ounces of dry, cured tobacco. When figuring your tobacco needs, we would advise you calculate 2 ounces per plant to have a little margin of error.
While a commercial cigarette will normally contain about 7gr. of tobacco per cigarette, this is "puffed" tobacco and non-tobacco ingredients added. A pound of pure tobacco will normally produce about 2 cartons of cigarettes."
http://www.cigarettespub.net/
This paragraph is found on the page about 1/4 of the way down the page under the heading "Tobacco Seeds".

I roll my own cigarettes and I use about a gram of tobacco in every cigarette. That's about 28 cigarettes per ounce. If I stuff them tight, I may only get 25 per ounce. If you only get 2 ounces of usable tobacco per plant, that's 50 to 56 cigarettes per plant. If you get the maximum 4 ounces of tobacco per plant, that would be 100 to 112 cigarettes per plant.

...