0
Q:

How much does BeneFIX (Coagulation Factor Ix) cost?

Answers

0
CostThe cost rating is based on the average wholesale price for a drug. The average wholesale price is the suggested selling price for a drug, much like the sticker price on a car. Insurance companies often use this cost as the basis for drug reimbursement. This price does not reflect what you would pay for a drug if covered by your prescription benefit plan. For the ratings system, dollar signs are used to indicate the following price range categories: $ = $200. more
revolutionhealth.com

0

Benefix is a recombinant Factor IX product and is quite expensive. I personally have hemophilia and use Benefix on an as-needed basis. The cost depends on insurance coverage/out-of-pocket, but can easily extend into the thousands of dollars. The last time I saw the bill for Benefix it was $3000 out-of-pocket and somewhere around $18000 billed to the insurance company for 4 vials of 1100 IU.

Christopher Coons · answered over a year ago

...