0
Q:

How much does therapy cost?

Answers

0
Each therapist sets his or her own rates. We use the generally established standard set by Blue Cross Blue Shield in most cases. However, we will accept the allowable rate set by most insurance so that you have no more to pay than your insurance co-pay set amount. For those without insurance, we are able to, in a limited number of cases, consider a reduced rate based on "ability to pay. more
managementandbehavior.com

0
Therapy can feel expensive. Most clients find the results to be well worth the cost but, admittedly, it can be hard to justify the cost before seeing results. In that way, therapy can feel like a medium-risk investment. Many of my clients self-pay, rather than having an insurance company label you or your child with a condition that will remain on your medical records and possibly affect your ability to get insurance in the future. Others use their insurance benefits to offset the cost of therapy. That decision is up to you, but I'm happy to talk over the implications. As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, I am eligible for reimbursement by insurance companies. That said, at this time there are only two insurance companies I contract with as a preferred provider. As a preferred provider, my contract with them says they will reimburse my services at their highest rate. They are: • ODS Companies • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oregon If you have insurance coverage with a different ... more
strengthinrelations.com
0
I really relate to your dilemma. I was also suffering from depression and could not afford the price of therapy. It made me very angry at the "system" in the US. The first thing to do is call your insurance company. Many insurance companies do cover psychotherapy. In some cases, you can see a therapist covered by your insurance and just pay a relatively small co-payment. I don't know if you live in a city or the country, but there are many social service agencies (especially in cities) that can help you. They can refer you to social workers skilled in therapy or organizations offering therapy on a sliding fee scale. There might be organizations or colleges that train therapists where you live. Many of these have low fee clinics. Finally, contact local hospitals. Many have therapy clinics or can advise you where to go for therapy. I almost forgot your original question. The cost can depend on what part of the country you live in and whether you see a psychologist or a social worker. ... more
answers.yahoo.com
0
Much like the previous question, this one doesn't have an absolute answer. Several variables play a role in the cost of treatment for mental illness: (1) education and experience of provider; (2) type and length of therapy; (3) geographical location. When discussing cost of treatment, most look at the amount of money it costs for a one hour therapeutic session. The average rate varies from location and professional, but can range anywhere from $5 or $10 at a community mental health center or other government funded agency to over $200 for a doctoral level practitioner in private practice. What are the differences between therapy and medication in terms of treatment and outcome? Therapy and medication are not necessarily rivals, and are often used together for the maximum benefit of the client. There are some disorders where medications are almost always used, such as with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder (manic-depressive disorder). Those suffering from other disorders, such as ... more
allpsych.com
0
This really depends on your health care coverage and the specific therapy you are looking into. Therapy with a licensed counselor, for example, is significantly less expensive than consistent sessions with a psychiatrist. With Blue Cross, for example, co-pays are usually around 25 dollars. Without insurance, the same appointment could be about fifty dollars. This is usually the running price for standard appointments with a psychologist, not a practicing psychiatrist. The best way to find out would be contact the individual offices, as every place is different. It is also best to do this to see if they take your insurance, if applicable, or if they are in your price range. A link from Psychology Today, popular psychology magazine, specifically for Dallas, Texas is the following: http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rm... more
answers.yahoo.com
0
The cost is determined by session length and type of assessment. Please phone the centre to discuss this in more detail. more
sensationalkidsot.com.au
0
The cost of individual therapy at the Portland Psychotherapy Clinic, Research, and Training Center varies by therapist. Also, as part of our commitment to providing access to effective mental health services to all members of our community, we do offer some sliding scale services to those with no insurance and who are in financial need.
portlandpsychotherapyclinic.com
/faq.htm
This link is broken. Help us!
0

I agree with much of what has already been said. I would only add that you consult the closest Medical School and attempt to be seen by an intern in Clinical Social Work or Psychology or a Resident in Psychiatry. You may also contact your local Family Service Association for low cost treatment.

...