How serious is mold exposure to one’s health?
According to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), people exhibit varied responses to mold exposure. For some people, exposure to mold will not cause any major health issues, and for another others, exposure can lead to heightened respiratory symptoms, worsening allergies, and other severe reactions.
Some of the most common bodily reactions of people who have been exposed to mold are the following: itchy eyes, stuffy nose, allergies, wheezing, and even more serious reactions like shortness of breath. Certain groups of people are more at risk for health concerns brought about by exposure to mold. Those with allergies are more likely to be extra sensitive to molds. People with existing respiratory conditions are more vulnerable to fungal infections, and those with asthma and other related conditions are at higher risk for experiencing severe symptoms like difficulty breathing.
The best way to protect yourself and your loved ones from these health risks is to keep your home clean and well-ventilated to improve air quality and control moisture levels. However, it’s possible that mold growth has already spread across a wide area of your home. In that case, you’ll need the help of professional mold removal services by AllStarMoldRemoval.com.