How should a builder deal with variations?

builder deal variations
0
Posted Jogn Cartman edited answer

0
Jogn Cartman Jogn Cartman edited answer

I think that a lot of people who are renovating their houses have no clue what a variation is. In order to deal well with a variation, one should be very well prepared. Most importantly, never ever sign a contract until you’re sure it’s absolutely what you want. For instance, when we knocked down our house, we engaged an architect who didn’t work with us through the project, so I think it was very smart to get him to look over the contract to make sure that everything was adequately detailed. It was actually a headache to get our house demolished, but thank God we had the best team from masterton.com.au working for us.

0

Variation payments are strictly dealt with by the domestic building legislation and there are requirements which must be satisfied. Either the owner or the builder may request a variation to the building contract. The HC-5 and HIC-4 set out the required procedures for dealing with these types of variations. The Master Builders Association publishes the following documents which will assist builders – Variation requested by the builder – HCP7A and Variation requested by the owner – HCP7B.