I have installed my replacement hard drive on my E series LifeBook. Why am I now getting a “No operating system found” error?

0
Posted Roman Petruchyk edited answer

0
Roman Petruchyk Roman Petruchyk edited answer

It seems like you:

1. Didn’t install OS properly
  2. Your HHD is dead

Anyway, it is better to use SSD (solid drive). It is faster and more reliable. Here is a comparison of hhd and ssdĀ https://thewiredshopper.com/ssd-vs-hdd/

I would recommend to buy ssd and try to install it one more time!

0

Solution: The replaced hard drive has an adapter that should be removed and then placed on the new hard drive. If the adapter is not properly installed, the hard drive will not be detected. This part attaches to the pins on the hard drive and allows the hard drive to be slid into its compartment. If this part was sent into Fujitsu with the bad hard drive and not returned, please contact us to have a new adapter sent to you. Please reference part number CA52247-9207.