I heard that sulfur dioxide can be an irritant and may even be toxic in certain situations. What about sulfur dioxide safety considerations?
A – Sulfur Dioxide Safety Precautions: Sulfur dioxide gas is not considered to be toxic, but it is a respiratory, eye, and possible skin irritant. It can cause breathing difficulties similar to the symptoms of a chest cold. All forms of sulfur dioxide gas must be used and handled with appropriate knowledge, care, and respect in order to eliminate the potential for unsafe conditions. Sulfur dioxide gas is colorless and therefore is not easy to visually identify. It has a distinctive pungent odor that will alert the user of a leak in ample time before irritation can occur. It is somewhat denser then air and will sink to low-lying spaces. Because of the density and expansion factors, sulfur dioxide containers should never be placed in direct sunlight or exposed to other direct or indirect heating sources! It should also be noted that sulfur dioxide is corrosive to many common metals and other substances.
- I heard that sulfur dioxide can be an irritant and may even be toxic in certain situations. What about sulfur dioxide safety considerations?
- I heard that chlorine can be an irritant and may even be toxic in certain situations. What about chlorine safety considerations?
- What is the Formula for Sulfur Dioxide?