I need to buy a new laptop, will Easimap 5 work on a Windows 7 machine and will my USB/serial adapter still work. If not what do I need to buy?

0

0
Dan Golfy

I recently sold my old Windows XP laptop for 50 bucks and now I need a new one for study. I was shocked when I started looking at different laptop options because they are very modern and powerful, but very expensive. I searched for a long time, but I didn’t find a suitable option until my friend helped me. He just found out about my problem and sent one site. There were a lot of powerful laptops and intel core i3 or even core i5 and at very inexpensive prices. In the end, I decided to take HP laptop for $700 and will be delivered soon. I’m so glad I found this site, by the way a very large selection of budget laptops, so if you want to find a good option, then click here.

0

The problem you have is that serial ports have been phased out over a period of time & although you can use USB to serial convertors, each upgrade of Windows (auto-updates) appears to make it worse. This was the reason why we had to stop producing the serial type ECU because it was becoming much harder to get them to communicate with systems that do not want to communicate with this kind of older technology. Although I still occasionally use Easimap 5 & my current everyday laptop (Dell Latitude D640) uses Windows 7, it will communicate with the MBE967, each update that Windows does it appears to get ever harder for it to do so. Many of the companies that we deal with, who regularly program the MBE serial based ECUs try to maintain an old laptop specifically put aside with a serial port for this purpose. The other problem you will encounter is that USB to serial convertors can be very flaky when it comes to make & model of laptops i.e. you could have one that works perfectly with one ma