I operate a straight truck with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,000 pounds but have registered/plated the vehicle (in Michigan) for 28,000 pounds. Am I required to obtain a CDL?

Add your answer...

1 Answer

Guidance: No. The (truck) CDL requirements contained in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations ? Part 382 are based on vehicle weight ratings or the need to placard a vehicle for hazardous materials. The GVWR for a straight truck (non-placarded) must be 26,001 pounds or more before a CDL is required, regardless of registered weight and/or actual loaded weight. more
Thanks for your feedback!

Related Videos

Not the answer you're looking for? Try asking your own question.

Related Experts

Tom Balek
Trucks expert