I was injured at work and I believe my injury is due to the negligence of my employer. Can I sue my employer for negligence?

0

0
Ryan Johnson

Yes, if your employer is guilty and you know that for sure, then you can sue him and get money by the law. Also what I heard people do is go and make a compensation claim as my friend once did when he had a whiplash while working on scaffolding. He went to an instance and asked them: can I claim for whiplash? And they told him: sure.

0

Generally, no. In the state of Colorado, if the employer has workers compensation coverage, the only remedy an employee has for a non-intentional injury occurring at work is provided under the Workers’ Compensation Act. Benefits under the Act include wage loss benefits, payment of medical bills, reimbursement for mileage to and from appointments, prescription medicine, disfigurement benefits, and a monetary award for any permanent impairment. Workers’ compensation benefits do not include compensation for pain and suffering or future vocational losses. However, if an employee is injured during the course and scope of employment by the negligence or wrong of another who is not the direct employer or a co-employee, the injured employee may receive workers’ compensation benefits and also pursue a third party claim against the at-fault party. For example, if an employee is injured in a car accident while working, the employee may receive workers’ compensation benefits and also, along with t