I would like to apply for obstetrics privileges at one of the hospitals close to my practice, but the privileging requirements are onerous and I don’t think I’ll be approved. What should I do?

0

0

CAFP’s policy states that hospital privileges should be determined based on your training, experience, and demonstrated competence. In theory, your residency training and your track record of procedures and patient care should earn you the right to be proctored, to determine your current competence. In practice, however, it can be quite difficult to get the privileges to which you are entitled. Take a two-pronged approach, education and politics, if you are anticipating a struggle for privileges.The California and American Academies of Family Physicians have a number of resources to assist you with privileges.