If I loose my job as a homecare provider, can I collect unemployment insurance benefits?

Add your answer...

1 Answer

Most IHSS providers pay in to (and become eligible for) Social Security, State Disability Insurance, Unemployment Insurance, Workers Compensation, and Earned Income Credit through their IHSS employment. Some family providers do not contribute to these programs and are therefore not eligible. Check with your local IHSS office or case worker to make sure you are paying in to these programs. Your County Page on this website will have contact numbers for your local IHSS office. California Employment Development Dept. has information on filing an Unemployment Insurance claim. more
Thanks for your feedback!

Related Videos

Not the answer you're looking for? Try asking your own question.