0
Q:

If my childs father is not put on his birth certificate, is he still liable 2 pay child maintance? ?

0
Well, no but the only way you can do that is get a DNA test and if hes the father take his sorry azz to court and sue as much as you can for child support and if the judge tells him he has to pay you so much, at this date and he doesn't, you can take him back to court for being a dead beat dad and his sorry azz can go to jail. Any man who cant support their children are cheap cowards who don't deserve to be a father and his rights ought to be taken from him for good and when the baby is 18 yrs old, he or she can find the son of b*stard father and give him a piece of his or her mind. Sorry, I don't mean to be to cruel and I'm sure their are fathers out there who do take care of their children so don't get me wrong... more
uk.answers.yahoo.com

0
It's law now that the father is present while signing the birth certificate. If the father doesn't want his name on the birth certificate that's fine, but make sure you still give in his name and after that it's the child support (or whatever they ae called now) to sort it out as both parents should take care of the children financially and emotionaly. more
uk.answers.yahoo.com
0
you childs father is only liable for child maintenance once he has been proved that he is the father by dna test, or if he acknowledges that he believes he is the father by declaration at the local registrar of deaths/birth. if he does not acknowledge he's the dad and there's no dna then he doesn't have to pay. more
uk.answers.yahoo.com
0
I'm not positive... but I'm pretty sure the father has no obligation to pay child support if he is not listed on the birth certificate. At least where I live. more
uk.answers.yahoo.com
0
I don't think he is because officially he isn't that father if he's not on the certificate more
uk.answers.yahoo.com
0
Yes he is. If he is shown by a DNA test that he is the father, it doesn't matter what the child's last name is, he is biologically the child's father thus liable to pay. more
uk.answers.yahoo.com
0
Only if you or him pursue it. You didn't mention where you live. In the US, if a child's father is NOT on the birth certificate, he has no rights until he establishes paternity with the court. This can be done if you file for child support, or if he does it on his own. more
uk.answers.yahoo.com
0
Yes. My best friend has 8 year old twins from a horrible one night stand and declined to put the guy on their birth certificate. She filed with the state of California for support and while the guy has been busy frequently moving and trying to evade his responsibility to pay the state has garnish his wages and take it out before he even gets his paychecks now. He owes close to $100,000 is back support because it took awhile for the courts to catch up with him but at least now she is recieveing something from him every month. more
uk.answers.yahoo.com
0
Not unless you do a DNA test proving he is the father, then the courts will make him. more
uk.answers.yahoo.com

...