Im thinking about selling my equipment protected with STOP Security Plates. Is STOPs anti-theft and recovery service transferable to the new owner?

0

0

Yes. The lifetime service is specific to the item to which the STOP Security Plate is installed and registered. Once the original owner pays the one-time fee, all subsequent legitimate owners benefit from the lifetime service. However, to benefit from STOP’s lifetime anti-theft protection and recovery service, new owners must re-register the STOP Security Plate ID number with their contact information. Online re-registration is FREE. IMPORTANT: We do ask registered owners to notify STOP when they sell, donate, transfer or otherwise dispose of STOP-protected equipment. Upon notification, we clear the specific plate ID number registration information in our registry and then open the ID number for re-registration. If STOP is not notified in advance, the new owner’s attempts to re-register the item will be unsuccessful.